Fenty Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick Review

Happy New Year, loves! I'm back on here to share with you some Fenty lippies I just recently purchased. I didn't fall into the Fenty hype and didn't buy any products from their line... but then they came out with these plush matte lippies and I knew I had to pick some up! :P

I picked up two of them in Shawty (warm chestnut) and Spanked (dusty rose). This lipstick claims to be long-wearing, a petal-soft matte finish, weightless with intense color pay off. 

Below are the swatches:

L-R: Shawty, Spanked

spanked

shawty


 Alright - and here is my breakdown!

Packaging: The packaging is as lightweight as the product itself LOL! Although it looks incredibly cool and chic, the package is made of light plastic, making the product feel a bit cheap. However, the price point isn't as high, so maybe Rihanna did it to save on costs.

Pricing: The pricing is $18 for .06oz of product, which I believe is relatively little product. An UD Vice lipstick (pretty standard bullet) is .11oz at $17. That's almost double the amount of product for less cost. :T

Formula: The formula is pretty nice. Yes - it is incredibly lightweight and pigmented. It was also very creamy and comfortable on the lips. It is not transfer proof, so you touch ur lips, the product will begin to come off. It was relatively long wearing, but I felt that as the night progressed, the product became more dry on my lips. I mean... my lips in themselves are very dry - but I definitely felt like my dry "hang lips" started to become way more noticeable as the night went on. . . for sure on the darker color. Spanked didn't cause as much of a problem for me! The product however, did not feather and did stay put!

Application Process: This was kinda tricky for me. Because of the nature of the matte product and how pigmented it is, it's hard to get a very perfect application. It's extremely round, so trying to get a nice application on my cupids bow and pulling it down to the side, I felt like I was constantly messing up my lipstick.

Color Range:  I do also love the very unique color range - although I pick colors that are more in my comfort zone, I do find that it does really compliment my complexion as it will many other people.

Overall, it was an okay product for me! It is definitely a bit more of a luxury than it is a necessity. I would choose these lippies solely for the color range. The formula, although very nice - doesn't particularly stand out for the price that you're paying. If you do end up purchasing - don't get me wrong - it is a great product, but if you have dry lips, be prepared to exfoliate and moisturize first :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Posts Older Posts Home